Junior Musical Theater
Our junior musical theater group for students in grades 2-5 with at least beginning reading skills. Each student receives a role with speaking lines, solo singing lines, group singing and dance/choreography. We perform with full costumes, microphones, props, set, sound and lighting! We see our students flourish in this class, gaining confidence and enthusiasm. Our class sizes are limited to 16 to 20 students, each show varies.
Fall 2021 – Annie Jr.
- Auditions: Monday, September 13, 6-7pm
- Rehearsals: Mondays, September 20-November 29, 6-7pm
- Dress Rehearsal: Thursday, December 9, 4:30-8:30pm
- Performances: Saturday, December 11, 2pm & Sunday, December 12, 2pm
- The performances will be in our theater!
Spring 2022 – Musicals of the Decades
Students will be spending the first four weeks of this semester learning about 8 musicals from the 1950s, 60s, 70s, and 80s. At our 5th class (Jan 31) we will ask each student to have prepared a short monologue and a one minute song from one of the musicals we have learned about for his/her audition. We will then be rehearsing to perform short scenes and musical numbers from a musical from each of the four decades we discussed. This is a great opportunity for students to learn about classic musicals and to rehearse for a performance all in one semester!
- Classes begin: Monday, January 3, 2022, 6-7pm
- Auditions: Monday, January 31, 6-7pm
- Rehearsals: Mondays, February 7-April 11, 6-7pm
- Dress Rehearsal: Friday, April 22, 4:30-8:30pm
- Performances: Weekend of April 23-24, times to be announced
Summer 2022 – Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
- Auditions: Monday, May 16, 6-7pm
- Read-Through: Monday, May 23, 6-7pm
- NO CLASS: Monday May 31 (Happy Memorial Day!) AND Monday, July 4 (Happy Independence Day!)
- Rehearsals Mondays, June 6-August 1, 6-7pm (No class 7/4)
- Dress Rehearsal: Monday, August 8, time to be announced
- Performances: Weekend of August 13-14, times to be announced
Contact Mia today to enroll your child with your $50 deposit! Call 724.875.8791 or email firstname.lastname@example.org